Bray Southern Cross Route | Retail Park
PROJECT NAME: Bray Southern Cross Route | Retail Park
CONSTRUCTION PERIOD: 2004 - 2005
This project comprised of the Site Development of a 40,000m² Retail Park and associated Roads and infrastructure Works.
In addition to this the Developer was also required to construct a new Link Road (Giltspur Road) between the Southern Cross (R768) and the Killarney Road (R767) for Bray UDC, in keeping with a long-term traffic Management study carried out for the area.
The Main items of work associated with the two Elements were as follows:
- Construction of approximately 300m of carriageway, including grass verges, 2 way Cycle Track,
- Footpath, Crash Barriers and Fencing.
- All associated Ground Works, and Site Clearance.
- The importation of approximately 30,000m³ of fill Material and construction of 8m high Gabion
- Retaining Wall.
- 1 No. Junction with the Killarney Road, and associated Traffic Islands.
- 1 No. Roundabout Junction on the Southern Cross Road of approximately 25mØ consisting of 5 No. Exits.
- Construction of entrance to Private Lane.
- Construction of all associated Road Drainage and Outfall to adjacent Watercourse.
- The diversion and protection of existing Services adjacent to the works.
- The installation of new Services.
- Boundary treatments for adjacent Land Owners.
- Associated Ground Works and Site clearance.
- Excavation and disposal of 130,000m³ of spoil
- Construction of approximately 600m of Reinforced Concrete Retaining Walls between 2m and 6m high.
- Construction of 300m of a Permacrib retaining Structure.
- Construction of 80m of Contiguous piled Wall, including Capping Beam and Tie Beams.
- Construction of Access Ramp for future development.
- 1500m² of Rock Netting, and 1800m² soil Nailing to stabilise Slopes
- Diversion of Existing Watercourses, and Land drains.
- The Construction of all associated Surface Drainage and Foul Drainage.
- Construction of 2No. Attenuation Tanks of 25mØ and 6mØ, associated Flow Controls, Petrol
- Interceptors, and Outfall to adjacent Watercourse.
- The diversion and protection of existing Services.
- Installation of new Services.
- Installation of 800m of Watermain and Firemain.
- Associated soft and hard Landscaping.
- Accommodation Works for adjacent Landowners.